Farmhand Automation is looking to radically change the way we grow food in America by empowering small scale farms with cutting edge robotics automation to make sustainably grown food the norm, not the exception. Our team has backgrounds in tech, agriculture and AI, but more importantly we are makers who appreciate everyday people who love to build cool stuff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the team, you will be responsible for expanding and maintaining the high level python application that interacts with our robotics platform and brings everything to life. This includes path planning, task scheduling, human interaction and advanced behaviors like object recognition with computer vision. Robotics intersects with so many different fields, anyone with a strong background in full stack web development and a love of computer science will make a great fit for this role.
ABOUT THE WORK
• Develop features within an object oriented python framework for robotic control
• Design modular behaviors to complete specific tasks on the farm
• Manage state machines and control theory for multiple tasks
• Interact with various inputs from SMS, Bluetooth and the Cloud
• Remotely Deploy and maintain our application on robots in the field using Docker
• Monitor robotic fleet performance and diagnose issues
• Explore advanced concepts including computer vision, deep learning and ROS
• Enthusiastic, Constant Learner, Detail Oriented
• B.S. in Computer Science or Equivalent Life Experience
• 2+ years of practical experience in writing production ready code
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Multithreading a Plus
• Experience with standard software development practices: Agile/Scrum, version control, etc
• Knowledge of code deployment with Docker
• Competitive salary and equity
• Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
• Paid holidays and flexible PTO
If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter looking to put your efforts toward making positive change in the world and want to play a pivotal role in building powerful, autonomous robotics applications we encourage you to apply!