Farmhand Automation is looking to radically change the way we grow food in America by empowering small scale farms with cutting edge robotics automation. Our team has built the world's first autonomous micro-tractor for automating planting, weeding and soil management at the local scale to accelerate the local food movement and we’re looking to build out our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our first dedicated full stack developer for customer facing applications and internal remote management of our robotic fleet slated for launch in Spring 2022. Farmers will be working with their micro-tractor through our mobile app while we use internal applications to monitor fleet wide performance. We are most excited to be leveraging React into React Native to bring mobile applications to farmers for direct control of their robotic systems in the field. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong React background ready to move into the mobile space.
ABOUT THE WORK
• Develop customer facing mobile applications for robotic system control and management
• Develop internal web applications for fleet monitoring, management and teleoperation
• Interact with several technologies including Bluetooth LE, SMS and Cloud Services
• Build visualizations with Three.js, geospatial and image data
• Work closely with robotics team in house and out in the field
• Strong Desire to Work in a Startup Environment
• Enthusiastic, Constant Learner, Detail Oriented
• B.S. in Computer Science or Equivalent Life Experience
• 2+ years of practical experience in writing React web applications
• React Native experience huge plus, Excitement to Learn a must
• Experience with Python, Docker, Redis and MongoDB
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
• Experience with standard software development practices: Agile/Scrum, version control, etc.
COMPANY PERKS & COMPENSATION
• $65K to $85K Based On Experience and 1% Equity
• Anthem BCBS Silver Plan, Dental and Vision Insurance
If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter looking to put your efforts toward making positive change in the world and want to play a pivotal role in building powerful, autonomous robotics applications we encourage you to apply!