Farmhand Automation is looking to radically change the way we grow food in America by empowering small scale farms with cutting edge robotics automation. Our team has built the world's first autonomous micro-tractor for automating planting, weeding and soil management at the local scale to accelerate the local food movement, and we’re looking to build out our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Farmhand Automation, we believe in making robots accessible to everyone. We have designed and built our own python stack for robotics and are looking for our first dedicated developer to work with our team to grow the platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a startup at the ground floor with a dedicated team looking to make the world a better place. We are most excited about a team member who is energized about diving into robotics and has strong development skills with production level code for Python and Web. Prior robotics experience is not required, hardware/IoT a great plus.
ABOUT THE WORK
• Build and maintain new functionality for our autonomous rovers
• Enhance and extend asynchronous systems using Docker, Redis and Async.IO
• Large focus on Object Oriented Programming, Testing and QA Management
• Interact with Linux level systems including Wifi, Bluetooth, I2C, Cameras and Cellular
• Manage error reporting, remote system debug and recovery
• Work closely with engineering including web, firmware and hardware in-house and in-field
• Strong Desire to Work in a Startup Environment
• Great Fundamentals in Computer Science, Object Oriented Programming and Python
• 3+ Years Developing Production Code for Python Web Applications
• Experience with Docker, Redis and Async.IO
• Experience in Micro Service Application Development
• Experience in Multi-Threaded and Multi-Process Application Development
• Strong understanding of Automated Testing, CI and Developing Production Code
• Knowledge of Code Deployment with Docker
COMPANY PERKS + COMPENSATION
• $85K-$105K Based On Experience and 1% Equity
• Anthem BCBS Silver Plan, Dental and Vision Insurance
If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter looking to put your efforts toward making positive change in the world and want to play a pivotal role in building powerful, autonomous robotics for local farmers, we encourage you to apply!